Saturday, February 18, 2012

story for kids : My First Trip to Arizona

The plane ride to Arizona was fun.  The plane went very high and fast.  In the airport, I saw Uncle Jim, Grandpa, and Grandma. 

We went to Grandpa and Grandma's house.  Their house is pretty and they have a backyard.  I saw a dog in the backyard and Uncle Jim told me her name was B'Elena.   She flew on the airplane with Uncle Jim from Florida to Arizona.  I played with her. 

After lunch, I met Ruffy, a dog who lives near Grandma and Grandpa.

I opened some presents at night and I had a Matchbox Car Airport in a big box. B'Elena knows how to open her presents by chewing them. 

back to top
In the morning, Santa came to give our presents to us.  Grandma and Grandpa didn't have any presents from Santa, but everybody had a stocking.  Santa gave me a painting set and model car. 

We ate lunch.  We passed out the bread and had ravioli and turkey with mashed potatoes.

After we ate, we went outside and played.  My dad fixed my airport and I played with that.

back to top
When I was playing outside with my brother, Junior, and B'Elena, we saw a big balloon coming.  We drove to the store on the Indian reservation and we saw the big balloon in the park.  I walked up to the balloon and the man said he would give me a ride, but I didn't want to go because it was so scary.

That night, we went to Garcia's for dinner.  After dinner, Grandpa and Grandma asked the waitress to bring hats with balloons on them and fried ice cream to the table for Junior and I.

At night, Grandpa brought his telescope out to the backyard.  I saw the moon, stars, Jupiter and Saturn. 

back to top
B'Elena and Uncle Jim had to get on the airplane to go home from Arizona to Florida.   Florida is far away. 

We went to Casa Grande to see the Indian ruins.  We saw the walls, and we went in the rooms.  The walls and the rooms were pretty.  I walked through the mazes.   We saw a little door and everyone else was too big to walk through, but I could.

back to top
We went to the Phoenix Zoo.  I saw zebras, giraffes, lions, tigers, cheetahs, rhinoceros and flamingos.  We rode a bus through the whole zoo.

At night, we went back to the zoo to see ZooLights.  There were giraffes, lizards, monkeys, birds, and turtles made of lights.  There were trees that danced to the music.

Then we went to the Tumbleweed Tree.  It was very tall, and made of tumbleweed.   It had silver glitter and lights on it.  It had a big star on top. 

back to top
We went to the Hall of Flame.  It is a big museum with fire trucks.  Some are new and some are old.  Grandpa was a fireman.  Grandpa told Junior and I to find the blue patch with an Indian on it.  He gave the museum that patch because that was from his fire company.  My dad, Junior, and I put on fire jackets and fire hats and Grandpa, Grandma and, my step-mom, Linda took a picture.

We went to Papago Park and Linda, Junior and I climbed up the mountain.   Then we waved to my dad, Grandpa and Grandma and then we went back.  My dad and I went up.   I climbed up the rocks and thought I was going to slide and fall down, then I climbed back down and we went to the other side of the mountain.  I almost fell and we held each other and I went down straight, but I didn't run, I just walked.  Then we made it to the car.

That night we went to Organ Stop Pizza.  We saw a man playing a large organ that moved.  When he finished, it went back down under the floor.  Then it came back up and he played again.  When he played, it was dark and then the ball went around and bubbles came out.  Then it stopped and the lights came back on.  There were flashing lights and cat puppets dancing. 

back to top
We went to the Arizona Science Center.  At the fountain, I pressed a button and the water came over the fountain.  We saw a racing car.  I did an experiment with a color marker.  I drew a circle and the lady put water on it and the color moved on the paper.  We went into the Planetarium.  We saw Saturn, the moon, and Jupiter.   Then the man put up questions and we had to push buttons to give him the answer.   We went to see the movie "Super Speedway".  It was about fixing a racing car.  The movie was very loud and the cars went very fast.  Then I dug in the rocks and moved them with a shovel.  I did more experiments.  We went out side and saw two big things (satellites)  that were very far apart.  Junior talked into one and I heard it through the other one.
back to top
Linda worked with me doing my letter books and my phonics book.  And after that Grandpa helped me play on the computer with my Jump Start Spelling and Numbers games.

Grandpa showed us antique gramophones.  They are old and play records.  You have to use the crank to turn them on.  The records sound like songs and talking.   They sound funny.  They belonged to Grandpa's dad.

That night Tyler, Kristine, and Ashley came over with their dad and mom for a New Year's Eve party.  We played on the computer and we went to the park.  We played on the monkey bars.  Then I went on the swing.  Then Grandpa pushed me and Linda pushed Kristine.  I told Junior to move away please and I made a score with the basketball.   I painted wooden decorations with Kristine.  Then we colored felt decorations with markers and crayons.  At midnight we all said "Happy New Year" and gave hugs and kisses to each other.

back to top
I put on Grandpa's fire hat, fire jacket and fire boots.  The clothes were very heavy and the boots were big.  When I tried to walk I fell down and Grandpa and Junior had to help me up.  Everyone took pictures.  Junior, my dad, and Linda dressed up in the clothes too.

Tyler, Kristine, Ashley and their mom and dad came over for dinner.  We had lasagna and roast beef.  We went and played football in the backyard.  After that Julia came over with her mom, dad and brother.  We played on the computer.  We played with bubbles outside while our parents were talking.

After everyone left, we went to say goodbye to Ruffy. 
back to top
We all got up early and got dressed quickly.  We went to the airport.

We went back home on a very big airplane.  On the airplane I sat with Linda and my dad.  Dad was in the middle and I was by the window so I could see everything.   Junior was behind us.  I played and went to sleep.

When we got home, it was very cold.  We all had to hold suitcases on the way home because we brought back so much stuff.

I thought the vacation was very nice.  I liked it because Arizona is very fun.   My favorite things to do in Arizona were going to the zoo, Zoolights and the Indian ruins.

back to top

*one.gif (80 bytes)
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment